Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Challenge


Thank you LORD for coupons and store deals!

Over the past month, these are items I have gotten either for free or for mere pennies at Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Target. (Pictures to come on later posts)

Can you believe this is possible? Couponing has opened up a new door in service for me.

I often have asked myself, "What can I do?" I am a student; I don't have a lot of money to donate, and I often become too busy with work and school (and being sick) to donate much of my time. But, I have really found a way to put my heart for others and my obsession with organizing and planning to good use.

So what is up with my blog's title?
What is the Union Gospel Mission Challenge?
I am challenging myself to devote at least 10 hours a week to finding the best deals I can on any item I could possibly donate to the mission.
I also challenge anyone who reads this to do the same. I have learned that by couponing, I can get a wide assortment of personal care items, household items, and various food and drink for little to no cost. On a personal level, this is a great way to spend less and be able to save more. After I had stockpiled some necessities of my own, the deals kept coming. I already had everything I needed, so I created some donation boxes in my home and kept on scoring the deals. The possibilities are endless- items can be used to create low-cost gift baskets, and can be donated to any organization.
I will later be creating posts on the basics of couponing, but if you would like to contact me about ways you can save for yourself, your family, and others, feel free!
Generate kindness










No comments:

Post a Comment