Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The rewards of treating every coupon as a treasure!

This has been an exciting week of deals- especially at Walgreens. In the clearance aisle, I found a plethora of Colgate toothbrushes marked down to $.50! And I just so happened to have 16 coupons for $.75 off ANY Colgate toothbrush. The cashier adjusted the coupons, and I walked out of there with 16 toothbrushes for free! I know God had his hand in this, because I have been praying for more dental care deals for the mission.

So, the lesson here is that you should never feel crazy for having a ton of the same coupon. How did I get 16 coupons? Well, I bought a few copies of the paper, and then I asked my friends and family for any unused coupons. I haven't elevated to the dumpster-diving level yet...soon...soon.

This week's Walgreens deals also brought another lesson. No coupon is a waste of time to clip. A couple weeks ago, there was a $2/1 coupon for 45 ct. Ecotrin aspirin. I thought to myself "I don't really use aspirin, and I've never heard of this brand...should I even cut this out?"

Well, this week at Walgreens, 45 ct. Ecotrin aspirin was on sale for $2. And even better, Walgreens offered a $2 RR for its purchase! So, I was not only getting free aspirin, but I was being paid $2 for it! I cannot describe the feeling of walking out of a store knowing you are being paid to take an item off the shelf.

Because of this deal, my papa isn't going to have to buy aspirin for another year, AND there will be some men and women at the mission with fewer headaches!

The moral of the story? Don't shrug off a coupon just because you think you won't use it. If you have multiple copies of inserts, just clip a couple and save the uncut inserts just in case you learn of a killer sale like this!

Generate kindness <3

No comments:

Post a Comment